Thursday 27 March 2008

Hangover Holidays


Many young adults nowadays choose to opt for alcohol guzzling holidays abroad. Places like Ibiza attract so many young British tourists every year, whose very aim is to spend the majority of the holiday drunk, in the process of getting drunk or recovering from a previously drunken night. Being only 19 years of age myself I can empathise with the young majority however I’d rather not spend the whole of my holiday in a drunken blur. I think for many of us going on holiday is not only an opportunity for us to get away from the routine of our everyday lives but also an opportunity to explore and experience things we would dream of doing back home. I think kicking off our heels once in a while and going a bit wild is good for us, however as long as you know where do draw the line and don’t end up getting yourself thrown into some foreign prison or getting so drunk you lose all inhibitions. I thought it was quite funny when my older brother came back from a lad holiday in Ibiza last year without so much as a slight tan due to the fact he had been out all night and slept all day. I think everyone benefits from behaving a little badly from time to time. Oh and have a look at this article i found from the Telegraph about "Saga Louts" its about older generations getting drunk and causing trouble abroad....i found it quite amusing! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/20/nsaga120.xml

No comments: